Good Job Shiloh!

See you in Las Vegas

beer
Posted By: ric3xrt

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/29/19 07:31 PM

That car is an inspiration
Posted By: cl440

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/29/19 10:29 PM

I think my video played in fast forward........looked like it was shot out of a canon! Very nice!!!!
Posted By: 360tripleblack77

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/29/19 10:56 PM

BADASS!!! Awesome work Shiloh!!!
Posted By: johnnycuda

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/29/19 11:55 PM

Now you see it.....now you don't!
Great job!!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 12:23 AM

Great work...that thing is a total beast.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 01:27 AM

Sounds good.
Posted By: cesar perez

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 04:22 AM

What ET is that thing
Posted By: Dave Hall

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 04:53 AM

Nice! Turn up the sound for maximum awesomeness!
Posted By: WHITEDART

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 04:56 AM

Originally Posted By cesar perez
What ET is that thing
5.30s
Posted By: racerx

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By WHITEDART
What ET is that thing
5.30s

And a small block two...…. smoke

Is this your fastest pass?

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 04:53 PM

Originally Posted By racerx
What ET is that thing
5.30s

And a small block two...…. smoke

Is this your fastest pass?
yes it was a new best. The air was 1750ft corrected..we try to get more aggressive with the tune up for the next pass. And never left the starting line. So for now it is a one hit wonder. Hope I can back it up soon..
Posted By: dvw

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 07:04 PM

I admire your work ethic. Nice pass.

Doug
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 07:54 PM

Sounds awesome! boogie

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 10:23 PM

Man guys I appreciate all the kind words.. we do spend countless hours in the garage working on it and it is pretty good about getting the money out of my wallet.. we're prepping. For the n/a 10.5 race. At Irwindale this is a light prep race. Hopefully the Mopar will. We'll be competitive.. hopefully we will have good results to report back in February..
Posted By: Eric

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 11:41 PM

Very nice!!
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/30/19 11:58 PM

That is bada$$!!!

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 01:10 AM

Good luck with it luck
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 01:36 AM

So I gather that the pesky Nova has been drawn back to his board to try and extract more ponies to hang 10?
Man, your Dart is just that, a Dart out of H#ll.

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
So I gather that the pesky Nova has been drawn back to his board to try and extract more ponies to hang 10?
Man, your Dart is just that, a Dart out of H#ll.

thanks man I think the Nova ran for the Hills... I'm told there is a better video from the side if I can ever find it I will post it..
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 04:23 PM

I would have to say that aside from the steam that your ride is making, it is quite impressive on the straight hook and book. It doesn't seem to like being drunk at all.

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 07:07 PM

this video is from a different angle. https://youtu.be/eUmcHFbAp0w
Posted By: scottb

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 07:15 PM

What size tire are you running could not see if it has wheels bars very impressive for sure

Re: New video testing new converter - 01/31/19 07:22 PM

29.5 10.5 tire . And yes the sissy sticks were on it for that pass..

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 01:02 AM

What ET is that thing
5.30s

what's your 60'/330 on that pass?

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 01:22 AM

1.19 3.46 5.39

Re: New video testing new converter . Updated - 02/01/19 12:08 PM

upBadA$$ Dart there.
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 01:58 PM

WHITEDART, could you share with us the results of your converter test? Thank You

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 10:14 PM

. I took out a 7in converter that would flash to 7300 . And drop to 7500 on the gear change.. this converter felt very mushy and the efficiency was not very good however it was fast.. it went a 119.2 /60 ft...with a 5.42. At 126mph . And would pick up another 33 mph on the back half.. at about 15% slippage.. I had an 8-inch built looking for a little more torque multiplication and a little more efficiency. It is slightly tighter at about 7100 rmp. I think it needs to be at about 7,500.. that being said it's still went its new best at 5.39 at 127.. we still had some ET left in the tune-up unfortunately the track wasn't up to the task also if you noticed it was smoking pretty heavily.. it was pulling in a . Hefty amount of oil into the intake track my fault I got that squared away now hopefully we can get it to a good track and get the car to run what Wallace says it should run..
Posted By: GY3

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 11:37 PM

. I took out a 7in converter that would flash to 7300 . And drop to 7500 on the gear change.. this converter felt very mushy and the efficiency was not very good however it was fast.. it went a 119.2 /60 ft...with a 5.42. At 126mph . And would pick up another 33 mph on the back half.. at about 15% slippage.. I had an 8-inch built looking for a little more torque multiplication and a little more efficiency. It is slightly tighter at about 7100 rmp. I think it needs to be at about 7,500.. that being said it's still went its new best at 5.39 at 127.. we still had some ET left in the tune-up unfortunately the track wasn't up to the task also if you noticed it was smoking pretty heavily.. it was pulling in a . Hefty amount of oil into the intake track my fault I got that squared away now hopefully we can get it to a good track and get the car to run what Wallace says it should run..

Love the Wallace! It shows me how much of an underachiever I am! LOL
Posted By: Harry's Taxi 2

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 11:47 PM

Thanks for the explanation, I like to enhance the knowledge base when I can.
You say it dropped to 7500 on the gear change, what were you shifting at?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/01/19 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

iagree
None of the on line calculator agree with any other so what do you think that means confused work
The time slip and the spark plug are always the best tool to make decisions on how to go on the tune and part changes as well as watching the fastest car in your class to measure your results the same day at the same track work

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By Harry's Taxi 2

Thanks for the explanation, I like to enhance the knowledge base when I can.
You say it dropped to 7500 on the gear change, what were you shifting at?
the light is set for 8800+

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By GY3

iagree
None of the on line calculator agree with any other so what do you think that means confused work
The time slip and the spark plug are always the best tool to make decisions on how to go on the tune and part changes as well as watching the fastest car in your class to measure your results the same day at the same track work
. Good afternoon Cab hope all is well. I understand exactly what you are saying it is just the ruler that I have been using. On this program we have been exactly on at times and off by a mile at others I understand that track conditions and altitude play into these factors.. but what I can tell you is if your car runs what Wallace says you've done a really good job in my opinion some guys run much faster
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 04:44 AM

Originally Posted By GY3

I resemble that reMARK whistling
Posted By: 6pakdakota

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 08:21 AM

That thing gets it
Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 05:52 PM

Shiloh,

I have heard seven inch converters can be very hard on the engines thrust bearing and that if you let off and get back on one at the finish line they sort of "unhook" and you lose propulsion.

Has that been your experience?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Bill

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 06:06 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Shiloh,

I have heard seven inch converters can be very hard on the engines thrust bearing and that if you let off and get back on one at the finish line they sort of "unhook" and you lose propulsion.

Has that been your experience?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Bill
. Bill honestly I can't say that I have experienced that issue it does sound plausible I honestly feel that a 7 inch converter is going to be the fastest way down the track that being said they have had a harder time nailing it down probably because of the two speed and the weight of the vehicle.. pulling it out and sending it back for a tune-up constantly becomes a headache.. the other problem that we have had with the seven inch converter is overheating the converter in one pass it will completely burn all the paint off the converter.. even after it being tuned up giving the Builder racepak information.. I bet a 3-speed with a perfect 7 inch converter would be scary fast... there are others on this board that have more experience with a 7-inch converter than me maybe they will chime in on the count of I'm kind of curious about your question as well Bill..
Posted By: tubtar

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 06:57 PM

That is definitely making things happen.
Very nice !

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 06:59 PM

I do run a three speed R3/W9 in a 3,180 lbs car. I have been told I need a 7" 7,000 stall converter by folks that should know.

Right now I am running an 8" that flashes to 6,000 or so.

I have to run a single 750 CFM carb and it does want to run at the RPM level you are at, at least so far. Getting ready to dyno a new cam so maybe that will change.

I am still in a development mode and trying to learn from others.

Again thanks for sharing information with us and I look forward to hearing more down the road.

Bill
Posted By: dart games

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 07:53 PM

small blocks always out run big blocks,only cars run that fast is chevys at my track,but theres only 2 mopars that run at my track
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 10:13 PM

Originally Posted By 69b1dart
small blocks always out run big blocks,only cars run that fast is chevys at my track,but theres only 2 mopars that run at my track

What in the he!! Are you talking about ?
Posted By: Plymouth340

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/02/19 11:22 PM

I just recently put a 7in converter in my W7 headed 394 small block. Trans temperature didn't seem to change from the 8in. RPM falls back to 7500 on the shift. And the car really liked it. picked up almost two tenths in the quarter mile. Its a 727 torqueflite.. Only have about 15 runs on it so far
Posted By: mopar_man619

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 12:19 AM

she rollin !!!! sherman's never gonna make it off the dyno now laugh

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 06:17 PM

Originally Posted By Plymouth340
I just recently put a 7in converter in my W7 headed 394 small block. Trans temperature didn't seem to change from the 8in. RPM falls back to 7500 on the shift. And the car really liked it. picked up almost two tenths in the quarter mile. Its a 727 torqueflite.. Only have about 15 runs on it so far
Sounds like you got a good one! Who built it?

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Sounds like you got a good one! Who built it?

A-1

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 07:21 PM

. Very impressive hot rod can you put it on a 29-10.5. And bring it out to muscle cars at the strip for the Mopar small Tire shootout.. we still need more cars

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 09:16 PM

. Very impressive hot rod can you put it on a 29-10.5. And bring it out to muscle cars at the strip for the Mopar small Tire shootout.. we still need more cars

that would be fun but I'm in iowa so probably not..
Posted By: Roughbird72

Re: New video testing new converter . Updated - 02/03/19 09:26 PM

eek up
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New video testing new converter . Updated - 02/03/19 09:38 PM

Shift at 8800 you want to get that fallback on the shift to be 80-8100 or a tad more. Some of that will be found in power numbers and tuning but IMO its still pretty tight.

FWIW we run a billet 7" in the Vette. Shift 1-2 is earlier than 2-3. 1-2 is typically 95-9700 and 2-3 is usually 97-9900 with the "old combo". We typically see a 500 rpm drop on 1-2 and a 700 on 2-3. Still not perfectly happy with it and have now gone to a lockup deal. This is with a ProFlite behind the SB.

FWIW never seen any issues with the thrust on a 7 converter. We have run one in the red car for a few years, and I have run one for a few years before that with the 99.

Here is a pic of a racepack log from an 1/8 mile pass of 5.10 just for comparison sake. Clearly the tuneup was off a bit on this pass as well. 60- was only 1.15

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 11:04 PM

what is your RPM at the finish line??

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 11:17 PM

what is your RPM at the finish line??
7850 in the 1/8

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/03/19 11:26 PM

There's the graph

Attached picture 44372.jpeg
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/04/19 05:20 AM

Why are these converters so loose at the stripe ? Does a small block require such a loose stator to get it going in the 60 , 330?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/04/19 07:13 AM

The one I posted is an 1/8 mile pass, as are Shilohs. The Vette is set up to run 1/4 mile stuff. We were seeing 6-7% slip a the big end with the old set up. The new stuff is lockup stuff and be happy to report how it works once we get it all sorted out. It does allow us to run MORE gear in the rear too smile
Posted By: Biginchmopar

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/04/19 07:37 PM

offtopic

tsk shake_head

beer
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: New video testing new converter - 02/04/19 11:04 PM

me thinks you need some teaching about BB Mopars compared to SB Mopars with the same rules devil whistling stirthepot
AKA, give credit where credit is due bow
I've made more HP per C.I. with a BB type Mopar motor N/A than I have with a SB or Hemi motor N/A realcrazy
Shilow motor is making a hoop of Power up bow
But we all need to keep in mind to run as fast or faster as the fastest guys out there in the same class your car needs to be perfect from the front bumper bolts to the rear bumper bolts and you have to have as good as or better parts than them and you need to be smarter and work harder than them also twocents work
I'm very lucky to have learned that lesson a long time ago helping other racers with more resources than me to set NHRA records and win NHRA world championships in Stock and SS boogie
© 2024 Moparts Forums