I agree Andy. The only thing I don’t have dyno headers for is SBF. They are all Schoenfeld. I run everything on my run stand before it goes to the dyno. There are headers such as BBM, BBF and even Hooker BBC headers that don’t even fit my stand. I’ve cut headers, collectors and plates on my stand even. There are many dynos where headers are just not going to fit. It’s just reality. Most guys with a $75,000 dyno, aren’t real thrilled when you talk about hacking up the dyno parts, nor does the guy eith$1300 headers. I do believe in ACTUAL carb and ignition. MSD boxes for example can often very by 2-6 degrees. They are not necessarily doctored up boxes, rather that inconsistent, perhaps also affected by voltage and poor wiring. Get it tuned to a reasonable realistic safe tune, and dial it in, once in the car. There are way too many other variables that affect the engines tune once it’s in a different ( the car itself s) environment.

I’ve never seen anyone lose 100HP with headers, but with that being said, headers are and can be critical and significant,that’s fore sureYou ought to see what happens with headers and merge collectors in DIRT sportsman and limited stuff. Everyone fighting for the next 5HP/TRQ on the limited stuff. Like all of this stuff, your results may very. It’s what the smarts guys DO with the data that makes the difference. Every number tells a story.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.