Originally Posted By GTX MATT
Originally Posted By madscientist
I've seen bad headers kill a hundred HP like nothing. The difference between good headers is maybe 10 if you are lucky.

What was wrong with them to kill 100 HP?

The dyno headers were about as good as you can get, as in all the bends were long and sweeping, long, straight tubes coming off the heads. The headers that actually FIT the car were nowhere near that good. They not only had more bends but the radius on the bends were significantly tighter, and the pipe coming off the head almost went down right off the port.

As a result, the uses were actually longer on the headers for the car and that was another reason the engine didn't do as well with the headers for the car over the dyno headers.

I'm all for testing. But using parts that will never e a part of your program is a waste of money for most guys. Hence, I detest dyno parts like worked over ignitions, carbs modified by the best in the business when you know the customer will never spend any money on anything but an off the shelf carb and those perfect dyno headers.

They sure do make the dyno guy a hero. Until the cool [censored] they used on the dyno doesn't match the junk [censored] used in the car. And in the end, the dyno gets knocked for being junk, when in reality the operator and the customer made the dyno lie.

Again, test all you want, but use the parts you are going to use.

BTW, I've never even used a set of TTI headers on anything. But I've used tons of Hookers (5204 and 5303 are two SB A body numbers I remember), Hedman and other lesser known brands and all of them fit every dyno I've used. That's across all brands of cars as well.

If I can't test TTI headers against a known set I know will fit a car I won't tell anyone to use them. How do you know they are any good if you can't test them?p

Last edited by madscientist; 01/28/19 05:41 PM. Reason: I can't type

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston