Originally Posted By lancer493
I'm not sure, but I suspect you are looking to build some higher appearance quality bumpers, so this article may not be what you are looking for. www.midwestattachment.com/hood shows how do fiberglass reproductions by doing a splash over on existing parts. Great for race only,lesser detailed vehicles.Much less expensive, and time consuming as it doesn't require that detailed primary mold. My son and I built a hood (pin on) for our Lancer drag car,with a snorkel scoop. Very pleased with the way it came out.For those of you , like us, with nothing readily available or economicaly feasible, this is a viable option.We have to use the coins where they are best spent or our project wont make it.Hope this helps some of you

I've done the splash process with some bumper brackets years ago and they worked well, but yes for the Bumpers I want a nicer finish. With shipping, the Bumpers from Unlimited, would be $480. Not a deal breaker, but $200 just for shipping blows. So, even if it costs me $480 to make my own, I don't care. I get to learn something, I've not done yet.

Last edited by STEFF; 01/15/19 03:08 PM.