So I have an update for everyone, and the issue is still just as baffling as before.

I swapped the plugs out and swapped the wires over to new Firecore wires. I did notice the car felt a bit better, idled smoother and better at part throttle. I took it for a short trip with some regular driving and some into-boost pulls and pulled the plugs.

What I am seeing is just about every plug actually looks decent except for cyl #1 which was black as night with dry fuel soot. I swapped that plug out and took it for a ride again with the same result. #1 blackened up right away and the rest stayed about the same with some minor inconsistencies but nothing that seems like it couldn't be addressed by tuning for the leanest hole.

I checked the cap and rotor and pickup and there was nothing bad to note there. It's a new ignition wire now so I know that's not the issue. Still have to do a leak down but the compression test on that hole looked fine.

How the heck could I be getting one SUPER rich hole on throttle body injection? The only two things I am thinking of now is possibly one of the 8 injectors built into the fitch is leaking and trickling straight down into that cylinder. The cylinder next to it which shares in intake port actually looks slightly LEAN compared to the others though, so it's a bit bizarre.

The second possibility is I did buy this top end used from a forum member who had it on his race car and the intake is worked a bit. I'm guessing he really didn't care about idle/cruising fuel distribution, and maybe he massaged the manifold to equalize fuel distribution at WOT in such a way that is wreaking havoc on my street car setup. I just can't imagine how a big single plane could ever flood one cylinder that badly while keeping the cylinder next to it, in the same runner, lean to this extreme though. I'm leaning towards the injector is trickling fuel in such a way that it is finding its way into cyl #1.

Last edited by 1mean340; 01/15/19 01:23 PM.