Washing out the rings is exactly what I've been afraid of. On pump gas things seemed to work better (not great, but better) but on E85 I was always fouling out plugs.

No exhaust leaks I can detect. I leak tested my exhaust welds and 02 bung weld to 20PSI and not a pinhole leak. It's all painted silver and don't see nothing around the collector/header flange and hear/feel nothing as far as leaks go.

As far as ignition, I just have an MSD 6AL box, Pro Billet distributor and FITECH controls the timing curve. Plugs were always gapped at around .24

Fuel pressure reg in the fitch is blocked and I have a bypass regulator (Aeromotive 13101). I wondered if maybe it couldn't keep up with the massive Magnafuel MP4303 pump, I have been meaning to GOPRO it under load.

It's not that it was constantly running rich, it definitely wasn't and sometimes it would pull super clean and hard for a brief moment if you leaned into it just right. I was definitely having some weird/sporadic fueling issues though.

I did many compression tests and they were within 8 or so PSI on all cyls. I did a cold leak down test a few months ago on the passenger side bank and all cyls were in acceptable range and close (I forgot to write it down). I'm not sure if a cold leak down test really tells me anything though so I'm going to do a hot one on all 8 holes as soon as I can.

I'm actually switching it over to pump gas for the winter. I'm a little worried about WOT pulls on 93 octane with 7psi but I at least want to see if I can get this system to cruise without fouling plugs and overfueling. I know the last time I was on pump gas it seemed to a big improvement in drivability over E85

I've talked to multiple pro tuners in the area hoping I could just have one of them figure it out but nobody wants to touch the FITECH and they tell me they don't think the system is going to work for what I'm using it for. The guys on the FITECH board insist otherwise though as there are other boosted/big cam/E85 guys that apparently don't have issues.

Last edited by 1mean340; 12/09/18 04:55 PM.