Thanks guys, for the well crafted advice, including Skeptic who lived up to his name thumbs but still offered advice. I tried my best to write a "bump" comment that showed I took encouragement, and not offense at not having gotten any comments yet.

Thanks for the time you put into your advice. Our goal is to read it and select some or all of the incremental upgrades without "losing control" of the many variables of the RR's dynamics.

I know my own car well enough from tracking it for 4 years , gradually improving it, and I've learned the lesson that can come from making modifications without enough consideration, without documenting the baseline, or without thinking of the 'whole package'. Then you have to undo what you did to understand what went wrong. Been there done that. Trying to avoid it for my brother's RR.

Skeptic, "There isn't a single point that indicates an effort to make the car even marginally safe on a track.".. may I suggest you are over-thinking this.? This is an entry level amateur driver effort looking for incremental improvement.. read on for more explanation..

Last year my brother was an amateur driver, out for his first track day ever, with the motorsports club I belong to. They are a group of track racing enthusiasts who welcomed him and his RR.
.. Our type of club racing takes place at road courses all over our area every season. Our club rents the track and the staff. Club members are the drivers who pay a fee that covers the track rental cost. Drivers bring whatever car they have, have it pass tech inspection, and see what it'll do. We race against the clock, not "door-to-door". Drivers are given a thorough orientation. New drivers are coached. Car/driver combinations are assigned Groups according to performance and ability. Groups go out in Sessions. Cars are cleared onto the track by the Stewards at timed intervals to reduce "traffic jams". At our track, the track stewards can be relied on to perform diligent tech inspections, watch the drivers and cars carefully during track sessions, and flag drivers or cars they observe are behaving too hazardously. Rules are enforced. Violators are ejected from the track day.

This is how safety is handled so that any car that passes tech can participate, and drivers are kept in check. For a newbie driver and car combo, this gets them a controlled, coached environment in which to establish their baseline, and gets them feedback. Tech inspection found nothing to keep my brother or the '68 RR off the track, and as competitive as I am with my brother, I'm actually proud to say he got praised by the stewards and club organizers for how well he handled the beastly RR.

I wonder how this compares to the way your club or race track handles safety with cars and drivers of greatly varying or even unknown performance sharing the same track.

Best,
- Art

Last edited by 67SATisfaction; 01/13/19 02:17 AM.

65 Satellite hardtop 361/4bbl console 727 2.76
67 Satellite convert 383/2bbl column 727 3.23
67 Lancia Fulvia Sport 1.3 Zagato. Alloy body, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
67 Lancia Fulvia Rallye 1.3. Alloy panel, 1.3L V4 DOHC 4-spd
71 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300 Zagato, 1.3L 4cyl DOHC hemi 5-spd
82 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5L SOHC hemi V6 5-spd transaxle
75 Maserati Bora US spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
77 Maserati Khamsin Euro spec 4.9L DOHC hemi V8 5-spd ZF
07 Aston Martin DB9 6.0L DOHC V12 6spd transaxle