This is a good and informative post. I don't mind rehashing this stuff once in a while as it clears out the cobwebs.

My only [censored] about the S-60 in my red car is that they didn't box the spring perches.

If I had a decent fab shop that could make a housing locally I'd have gone 9". The dana was easier because I could order it and know it will fit based on what was in the car. We were very hesitant to send a pile of money and a build sheet several states away and hope everything fit when it showed up.

What can I say my dealings with Lenco made me very gun shy when it comes to ordering custom big dollar (for this household) items from afar. 90% of my dealings with the "big names" in high performance were rather disappointing.

That said the 10% that lived up to their reputations kept me in the chase for a fast manual trans street car. They all recognized and rewarded hard work.

If my big tire car (the black '66) ever needs any major rear overhaul it will get a 9" with a spool as it is a plated strip car.