Originally Posted By dvw
I don't know how much power it takes to bend Dana tubes? But mine hasn't bent them in 525+ passes at somewhere north of 900hp. 1.25-1.30 60ft@3350lbs (or 3500lbs+ with ballast). The first Motive street gear went 425 passes before it bent a tooth. The 2nd no name street gear only went 100 passes before it broke pinion teeth. This time it got a US gear Pro Gear. I also added the LPW cover like shown above. Braces were not added at this time. We'll go do some real word testing and see what happens,
Doug

I think mine may have happened before I got some better shocks on my car. I was racing at the Chrysler classic event about 4 years ago and it hooked hard and unloaded the suspension and bounced the left rear tire off the track. My buddy actually took picture and the car had 3 wheels off the ground. It also bent the wheel studs enough that I had to cut them off to unscrew them from the axles.
Ever since then the axles are hard the get in and out of the housing. They are Moser 35 spline axles and spool installed a 67 factory Mopar housing. It was a violent launch and I'll never put a 5500 chip in the 2 step again.
Gus beer

64 Plymouth Savoy
493 Indy EZ's by Nick at Compu-Flow
5-Speed Richmond faceplate Liberty box
Dana 60