Originally Posted By an8sec70cuda
Originally Posted By Brewzer67
Everytime I read one of these muffler threads I always wonder why no one recommends Borla's. They are just like the ultraflows but don't have the history of blowouts or other defects. They are a great flowing muffler, sound awesome, and last forever. Just wondering...

Because Borlas are stupid expensive and I've never had any issue w/ the cheaper brands "blowing out".
Not trying to bust any chops but I don't quite get this response as Magnaflows and Borla Pro XS's are both within a few dollars of each other at Jeg's and Summit. The XR-1's are quite a bit pricier, but that isn't what most guys would run anyways. I've strayed from Borla's a few times on some different projects but always wound up coming back to them as they fit all my needs. Great sound at idle, mellow enough when cruising, bark when getting on it, have minimal impact to my E.T., and last forever. I just switched back again after letting someone con me into getting Flowmasters and probably will never stray again. I guess this is why there are so many brands out there. Exhaust is very subjective for sure. :-)