It took a couple tries but I felt I got it perfect on one car, I loved the sound of the 2.5" 20" super turbos on my 5.7 magnum r/t daily driver (manifolds, jba catless mids). I also tried 2 chamber flowmasters and hooker aero chamber on it. flowmasters were too loud for long drives for my taste, hooker was slightly quieter but still just a little too much sound. The 20" dynomax required some light fab work to fit, but I liked them the best. The problem with alot of late models is most exhaust for them is spec'd with cats which kill alot of volume. Go catless and suddenly everything is louder and more droney.

I loved the sound of hooker aero chamber 3" on my GTX when I had H pipe, 1 and 7/8 comp headers, and almost the same engine combination as now. However I was chasing power so I went slightly bigger and with ultra flo. I also like those quite a bit. the power thing worked out ok in conjunction with other changes.

For short blasts in a hot rod I'm ok with the classic flowmaster thing, but they better be pretty short drives. To jump in and drive for a couple hours, I'd have to go with old-man 20" super turbos. I believe these are what used to be marketed as hemi super turbos....

Rich H.

Esse Quam Videri