Originally Posted By RodStRace
<snip>

IT'S DRY. Many people have no problem acclimating to it, but it is below 15% most of the time. You see pics of trees, but it's still the southwest.
http://www.landsat.com/prescott-arizona-aerial-photography-map.html

Concerning dry climate, we moved to northern Nevada in 2005 from California where we are also almost always below 15% sometimes as low as 3% in summer. It can be hard to get acclimated to the super low humidity. Things you don't expect like constant dry nose, hangnails in your fingernails, splits in your fingertips like razor cuts. We buy Working Hands cream by the case. I never drank a lot of water in California, now I can't go anywhere without it.

Also, the sun is like a heat lamp with very direct heat even in 50 or 60 degree temps. One side of your body can be hot and the other side cool. Really strange if you are not used to it. The difference between being in the sun and shade is dramatic. I would think Arizona is similar.

We are also looking to move, probably somewhere in the SE so the wife can be closer to her son in Ft Lauderdale. It gets very cold here in winter. Woke up to 17f this morning and will have a high in the mid 30's. So, central or SE Florida is looking tempting. SW FL is way too expensive, crowded and blue for our tastes.