Reminiscing here. My first 440 built by my older brother in 1984. I had little money but he found a low milage 375hp 440 that was healthy from a retired 1969 patrol car. Cyl hone, rings, bearings,gaskets- re used cam bearings Crane Blazer or Fireball cam..?? Stock iron 4bbl intake new Carter Comp series 750 carb cheap Black Jack headers 727 patrol car converter B&M shift improver kit 3:23 gears in a sure grip acquired from the same retired patrol car. 906 heads with healthy guides- hand lapped the valves. Re used the valve springs and such. Installed in an over bondoed 71 Challenger. I was 16 and made 2 passes in the 1/8. 9.0 in the 1/8 mile. With practice It would have been a lot better. Tires were N50x15 rock hard cheap and spun a lot. Very reliable fast great sounding and destroyed all the rich kids with their daddy bought brand new Trans Ams and Camaros. Even the older guys with the VERY NICE late 70s Z28s with the typical modded 350 were out run easily. Back then the HP 440s were still plentiful and you could not giveaway the evil smog cast crank 440s. Crazy to dismiss smogger 440s now.

Keep old mopars alive.