It depends on the motor home company and what they ordered their chassis with shruggy
I bought a burnt out, burnt down to the floors, Class C 24 Ft. Dodge (1976 or 1978 model year)360 with a 727 tranny motor home chassis years ago to get the dually rear end to use in one of my old car hauler, it was a Dana 60 HD with 4.10 gears and 30 spline axles. I broke, twisted it off on the housing, the left axle is the only reason I know it had 30 spline axles in it
That happened while racing my bracket car, not the truck tsk grin at the Division 7 bracket finals in the late 1980s, one of the other racers welded it back together for me on the back of his open car trailer at the track and I drove it that way for three or four more years until I sold it up
That was a 1957 Dodge one ton 4 speed truck tranny and chassis converted into a car hauler, the frames on the early Dodge trucks where several inches wider than either Ford, Chevy or I.H. chassis so that motor home chassis rear end ended up being a answer to my prayers, the width and leaf spring perches where exactly dead nuts to fit that old wide truck chassis boogie up bow The original rear end was shot, 4.89 ratio shock and sung to me all the way to the races and back grin
The 4.10 ratio was the cats meow up It had little bitty short 7.00 x 16.5, I think that was the size, tires on the rear. Nothing taller would fit without extensive chassis mods whiney

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/02/18 09:38 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)