Originally Posted By ZIPPY
Early in the thread there was mention of an exhaust, is it for much street use at all? If it is, I'd wonder about the numbers going down the road.

If it needs work in the idle and transtion, myself I would want to start there and then move on to WOT afterwards.

I wouldn't bring it up if I hadn't made the error of too much (actually all) emphasis on wot and letting everything else fall where it may, which although it may have served me well in terms of mph I feel I would have been smarter to have worked on part throttle stuff first since that's where I really spend the majority of my time.

I had a lil talk with Thumper Dom last night, there are some things I need to check. The tip off idle really gently gets a small lean spot, then its rich. Just driving down the road, it's still pulling high 11s low 12s, It didnt do that before. I believe the T slots on the secondaries could be uncovered too far, or I just need to drop the main jets down a couple more sizes.

The end game is to get a larger carb. I had always heard the 4500s had a better fuel pattern, but, I'm thinking of leaning towards a big 4150.

With the 4 speed, you can put some rpms into it before launch, it might just be better to take the plunge and go Dominator, even though it would cost more to change over.

Hope to hit the Powerball to make things easier.