Originally Posted By 67SATisfaction
Thanks guys,

Originally Posted By 67SATisfaction

...all the parts are there and moving freely, not binding, the advance gear rotates willingly.. the advance gears haven't been swapped side to side...

That's the thing - these are pretty idiot-proof setups.. everything is original except the cylinders.. and both sides of the '65 have the identical problem. Whatever I did, I did to both sides.. hmm.. so that's kind of an indicator.

I went through something similar on the rear of the '67, on one side only, it was driving me nuts.. I went from side to side comparing everything.. It turned out to be the cable's eyelet at the top pivot pin was positioned wrong... That was a "Slap to the Forehead" moment, for sure.. and I found *that* problem by sticking to basics, looking at every single part of the set up one at a time until I found it. I feel like i've done that this time too over and over. I'll try again before I give up.

Yeah, I could measure and compare with the '67, that's a good idea. But if the common practice is to bend the arm, and I can't do anything else, I'll go ahead and do that..

For now I'm crawling underneath and advancing the wheel with a little screw driver manually. ..PITA... but it's a hazard to NOT advance them.. I can feel the rears doing all the work after a while.

Thanks,
- Art

Quote:
everything is original except the cylinders

Unless you've owned the car since it was new, that could be a faulty assumption.

You mentioned something about what if the hole that locates the doodad the cable slides over was in the wrong place. Is there a difference in hardware locations between say the same size 10" brake on B-body vs an A-body or if we're talking 11" brakes, a C-body?

Can you post a pic of your setup? Maybe someone will see the problem.

Kevin