In my humble opinion, I think your rear end will be just fine as long as you are running street tires & NOT slicks of any type. (if you run slicks, you need hardened axles & a driveshaft safety loop + ?) If you use slicks, then an 8-3/4" can get maxed out in heavy cars....but I think 550hp would be just fine (no DANA needed).

If you plan to race (at all), then get a copy of the current NHRA rule book. See what safety upgrade requirements your car has & put them in.

In general, I personally love frame connectors & driveshaft safety loops are cheap & pretty easy to install, so I install those whether required by NHRA or not. For street-tire cars, you might want to consider an adjustable pinion snubber OR some old-school "slapper" traction bars....maybe an clamp or two on the front of the leaf springs. Then, just go race & see what your Charger does.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"