Originally Posted By Bad340fish

Rays description is pretty good!

The one thing I never can get used to is the valve train noise. So you lash an engine cold, or hot, whatever your method is. Now drive it for 4-5 hours with the occasional hour on the interstate at 3500RPM getting passed by everyone. I don't know what the lash really is when the oil is water and the entire car including the roll cage is 200* but I know what i sounds like, it sounds like a duramax diesel. So you lose a little sleep at night and wake up at 5:30 the next morning to go lash the valves in the hotel parking lot and then the lash checks out fine.

I love it, it is a good way to get absorbed into drag racing with like minded people. Everywhere you go there is Drag Racers, Hotel, Restaurants, gas stations, drag racers everywhere for 6 days. The overwhelming majority of states I have traveled to have been in my race car, how cool is that? I have also been able to make passes at about a lot of tracks and I have driven in the gate of everyone of them in the car.
All this and being your son's trunk monkey makes it even more special for me.

I will say that the link they give us to Google Maps for each segment does make navigation a little less stressful.