The hotel situation for next year is dumb, there is probably people that don't even have cars, much less running ones that have hotel rooms. Once the reality checks in and they either miss registration or don't want to pony up the $400 entry rooms will open back up.

Rays description is pretty good!

The one thing I never can get used to is the valve train noise. So you lash an engine cold, or hot, whatever your method is. Now drive it for 4-5 hours with the occasional hour on the interstate at 3500RPM getting passed by everyone. I don't know what the lash really is when the oil is water and the entire car including the roll cage is 200* but I know what i sounds like, it sounds like a duramax diesel. So you lose a little sleep at night and wake up at 5:30 the next morning to go lash the valves in the hotel parking lot and then the lash checks out fine.

I love it, it is a good way to get absorbed into drag racing with like minded people. Everywhere you go there is Drag Racers, Hotel, Restaurants, gas stations, drag racers everywhere for 6 days. The overwhelming majority of states I have traveled to have been in my race car, how cool is that? I have also been able to make passes at about a lot of tracks and I have driven in the gate of everyone of them in the car.

Last edited by Bad340fish; 09/20/18 12:08 AM.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340