So, about 4 years ago I bought a 3 core Champion 26" replacement radiator for my '70 Superbee. It took a tiny bit of massaging to the brackets, but it mounted to the core support just fine. Now that the car is finished, my 440 is running hot, so I ordered a factory fan shroud thinking that since the radiator fit the firewall, the shroud would bolt right up. Indeed it did. One issue. The L brackets that you screw it into pull the shroud back about 3/4" from the face of the radiator. It's fine on the sides, but it leaves a gap at the top and bottom. Not too sure what brain surgeon figured out this would be okay. So the 1970 shroud has an odd design. On the top hump where it is supposed to touch the rear face of the radiator there are these gaps all along the curved area (see photo). Not sure what they are for. Venting? The definitely don't line up with the grooves in the old core. So I have this gap at the top and bottom that looks ridiculous. What did you do to adapt yours to the stock shroud? Now that I have 100 bones tied up in this beautiful Classic Industries OEM shroud, I ain't going to order tin. If you sell these radiators or have fixed your problem WITH THE STOCK SHROUD, or if you think you are awesome and have a good idea BESIDES ORDERING TIN, please step up to the plate and tell me what you would do.

The first picture is of an OEM setup and the second picture is my debacle.

Lindy

Other Shroud.jpegmy shroud.jpegF7F358C5-12FC-416C-8503-8FAD133CB584.jpeg49F9E593-6CBC-4806-B5B7-93D9DC99ADC5.jpeg
Last edited by Big Bad Bee; 09/10/18 05:06 AM.

I’m listening.