Originally Posted By mgoblue9798
Originally Posted By AndyF
You did a lot of R&D to make that system work. Not a lot of guys are going to have the knowledge to solve all of the problems that you solved.

When I read the complaints on the Holley Sniper forum it is fairly obvious that some people buy the kits thinking they are foolproof. The EFI kits on the market today are better than ever, but they aren't foolproof. Some of them aren't even expert proof!

Question for you sir. For mechanically inclined folks who know their way around a computer, how hard is it to set up the Holley Sniper inc spark control? How many hours would you guestimate it would take to get the system set up to start, idle, and drive as it should? Not looking to get every last little bit out of it, just a basic good streetable setup. Thanks in advance

It doesn't take very long to bolt in a Hyperspark distributor and set up the ignition table. The Hyperspark plugs into the Sniper connector but you need to connect one wire to switched 12v so that means you need to find a source and make a connector. The Hyperspark drops in at TDC and then you put the cap on and route the plug wires. The wizard creates a base table which should start the car and allow you to drive. If you have a laptop with the Holley SW on it then you can plug in and optimize the table. One gotcha is that the Hyperspark distributor didn't fit with my heads so it took me some time to grind clearance. The Hyperspark will fit Trick Flow heads but I have old RPM heads.