Originally Posted By Pacnorthcuda
Stu.....how many different exhaust systems has your runner had while you've owned it?

Good question.
#1 20 years ago when i got the road runner it had stock manifolds and rotted out turbo mufflers system and had to go.

#2 I added TTI headers with a Craigslist sale find of a full 3 inch pipe and Dyno Max mufflers for $100 but it fit a 65 B-body. My muffler shop buddy redid them to fit and it sounded great but was too low and kept tearing up the driveway.

#3 Had my muffler buddy make the infamous side-pipe system. That was my favorite and most fun of all, but i got so much grief and bitching from "certain people" that i could not take it and took them off. That sucked as i loved the sound they made!!

#4 Took the 36" glass packs from the side pipes and used them to make the system i have on it now. Sounds nice but the pipes and glass packs have been welded on so many times they are all rusted and look like hell.

#5 My plan is take it all off and dump it all.

Then start all over with the chambered mufflers and new aluminized pipes and maybe even ceramic coat everything to keep it looking nice forever. My buddy is offering to do all the labor for free and see if he can get his shop to give me all the pipes for free too. I would only have to supply the chambered mufflers. They would use my car to show off their work on their website and at shows as compensation for all the free stuff.

That sounded good to me!!

Stu