With a Speed Density system like the Sniper. The KPA is the engine load in the map. So if Andy had the engine on the dyno and loaded the engine to hit will say. 30 40 50 60 KPA at 4000 RPM an be at 13.2 AFR. When he put it in the car and got to those KPA points and RPM. It will be 13.2 AFR. The system don't care if it's running through the tranny and rear end. It just knows at this KPA and RPM it's got a target AFR 13.2 in that cell of the map. I was just wondering since he had it on the dyno if he had done any step testing. To try different AFRs at different KPAs & RPMs to see what makes the best HP & TQ. What he has now is what is called a Canned Map. Or a known good map. From there to me while on the dyno he had a chance to fine tune the Map. Theres is NO magical AFR for every KPA & RPM. Every engine demands something a little different. I've seen half a AFR point pick up 3 HP. That's why you can't put the same carb on a different engine. Sure it maybe close. But you still tune it to the engine it's on. EFI no different.

Last edited by HDNMOPERS; 07/09/18 08:12 PM.