Originally Posted By dthemi
Most older tracks that were 1/4 mile,that are now 1/8, would need a bucket truck to get the cars out of the trees if they went back to 1/4.

Average joe blow cars are faster than fuel cars where when some of these tracks were built.

I'm totally happy with 1/8th mile. Staying in the gas for a couple seconds longer, for me, isn't worth the damage it does. Not to mention not having to repack chutes every run. Then think about the oil downs you'll add to an already frustrating situation. Too many broken cars from the 1/8th, go to 1/4 and the number will double.

I agree with this, the first track I raced at was 1/4 mile, magnolia in Ohio. I cant believe some cars would actually run into the 9.9s back in the day.

Some did run off the end at sometimes. Its now a 1/8th mile only and running 6.6 in the 1/8 or a equivalent 10.4 is a challenge/event to get the car slowed up in time to make the turn. Im fine with the 1/8th mile. Like stated, our cars today, are making much more power and putting it to the ground, over driving some of these Older tracks.