The displacement size doesn't matter all that much to me, I'm just interested in what performs best and lasts the longest. I'm slightly concerned that big block torque is going to be harder to manage driving around town or doing something like an autocross course. But maybe I'm over-worrying, I'm planning on either adapting a Corvette C6 IRS with the kit from Dobbertin Performance (it's a really interesting concept), or get a custom built Art Morrison Multilink IRS (I'm leaning more towards the former for the sake of cost and OEM support, unless the Morrison is just far and away superior and worth the extra $), and IRS's generally help keep better control of torque delivery and aid in handling while improving ride quality. And yes, I know that rear gears also have a lot to do with torque delivery too. I'm planning on using either a Keisler A41 or a TCI 6X Overdrive automatic, so I'm thinking either 3:55 or 3:73 gears. No need for 4:11's. I also plan to use a square 295 or 305 tire setup.

And the big block stroker kit I was looking at from 440 Source makes use of forged aluminum pistons and rods, so I'm sure that would help it rev better, but I'm not too sure about the long-term longevity of the aluminum parts.