Originally Posted By Lmopar69
Hey guys, trying to get my old mans Sport Fury running properly. this thing is giving me fits.

Heads are rebuilt, bottom end is in great shape with stock pistons. Cam is unknown. Recently added Mopar electronic ignition, M1 dual plane and Edelbrock 750. Initial timing is at 10 degrees, 36 degrees total mechanical advance (havent checked with vaccum hooked up yet) Im a small block guy So, questions...

Did the 64 426 Wedges all have hydraulic cams and adjustable rockers?

How soft should the lifters be? I can easily push them in by hand after running it (noticed while adjusting the rockers).

What are the odds that the lifters are shot and not allowing the valves to open fully?

Not getting any ticking or noise from the valve train.

Are small block and big block hydraulic lifters all the same size? I know my SBs are .904.

The thing is not very responsive, idles like crap and does not have the power it should have. With 3:23 gears and narrow red stripe tires, it wont even turn the tires over.

What am I missing here?

Laine.

The Street Wedge used a single four-barrel carb on a conventional cast-iron intake manifold. Its exhaust manifold was conventional, too, without the flamboyant ram’s-horn sweep that gave the Max Wedge headers such allure. But the Commando was no shrinking violet. It was rated at 365 horsepower and had 470 pounds/feet of torque. High performance valve springs, pistons, plugs, and a hot cam were inside. Hydraulic tappets, dual breaker distributor, nonsilenced air cleaner, dual exhausts, and heavy-duty clutch were part of the package. The exhaust manifolds were specific to the street wedge. Not like the Max Wedge manifolds.

Not to change the subject I have an original 426 street wedge intake laying around gathering dust

Street Wdge exhaust2.jpgstreet wedge exhaust.jpg
Last edited by dart4forte; 05/19/18 04:43 PM.

“So if it’s on the internet it must be true”

Abe Lincoln