Originally Posted By ScottSmith_Harms
The 426 Street Wedge was not really a performance engine based on it's specs, quite frankly it was nothing more than a passenger car 413 with a slightly bigger bore. Low profile dual plane intake, same size (small) AFB as the other street big blocks of the day, log style non HP exhaust manifolds, mild hydraulic cam, and small valve 516 cylinder heads. That said, as mentioned above, they were no slouch, plenty of torque and decent HP, just not as strong as their Max Wedge brothers or even the later year 440's (67 and up).
iagree
The 426 street wedges were dogs down
I tried to buy a 1964 415 HP M.W. 4 speed car in the spring of 1964, the stupid Chrysler Dodge dealer salesmen in Palm Springs swore Dodge and Plymouth only made 365 HP 426 wedge motors, nothing with more HP runaway
I got a call from them several weeks later saying one of their salesmen in their Indio store knew about the M.W. ordering information codes but by the time I got to talk to him Mopar had discontinue making the M.W. motors in the 1964 cars, race Hemi motors only with no guaranty at all and you had to know someone in Detroit to be able to order them whiney shruggy
The price I got for a 1964 Dodge 330 two door sedan with the 426 street wedge with the four speed was 2768.00 out the door from them work My how times have changed whistling

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 05/19/18 08:40 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)