Quote:

Quote:

$4990
There is no BIW program yet but Mopar Performance is working on it.

If they can supply them at that price, I think they could sell a bunch.

I thought they were only going to supply them to stock class race teams. Good to see they are trying to supply to a wider market.

Thanks Jim. There are alot of positive things like that going on at MP these days but with so few people left it's a struggle. The desire is definitely there to make a real program happen.

Again, there is no BIW program yet and if anyone believes there is...sorry, they are mistaken. The build seen here is a one shot deal that was sold because it had a moonroof, no other reason.

It's a little more difficult than stated above to create a BIW program, due to the different divisions of Chrysler being operated separate from one another. For example Mopar Performance can not just tell the assembly plant what to do...it doesn't work that way.

It's going to take someone at or near the very top of the entire corporation....someone that has direct influence over everyone to make it happen. The business case needs to be built and presented properly, which is time consuming.

I don't think anyone would want an actual scrap body because it can literally be anything. It might be perfect other than a few runs in the paint, or it might be welded together 8 inches out of square. I'm pretty sure folks would be unhappy if they paid nearly 5 grand for something that wasn't welded together properly.

For $4990, the least somebody could expect is something that's been put together right....OK the paint may not need to be perfect but that's about as far as I'd go with that idea.