I hear you. Why I started my kid slow in a dragster. Was actually the engine for my 68 D100 that was in it. Just a pump gas 446. Started him slow like 9.0's with that engine and eventually got to the 8 teens. Did the same with the big engine. Started him at the 7.80's and worked down from there. He now has the bug and wants to go faster but business before play and we both understand that. My son has driven a few door cars too, from mid 10 to a low 9 second turbo street car. I have made him do it slowly as well. My point is going racing in a dragster can be WAY more economical than you think.

I hear you on the Bristol junior thing. Parent have a way of ruining things. I ran a Little League for a few years and saw it first hand. Many of the parents I see in the junior ranks remind me very much of some little league parents for sure. Glad she has her priorities in place. School first. My son wanted to in the Auto business so I steered him to the body business. He went to a Community College program to learn the basics. Has had a couple jobs in the industry and this winter will be buying the business he works at currently. He has been running that show for a couple years now and is ready to make the next step. Then he can worry about racing again. First things first.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"