I would have spent the coin on a dragster for her but for the 65 Plymouth. I had purchased that before she got into Jr. racing with the intent of getting into racing myself. When she started out in juniors I put it on the back shelf to take her racing...little did I know I created a monster...lol. I am a little apprehensive about putting a 16 or 17 yo into a car that goes 170 in the 1/4 right off the bat though...I believe a more methodical approach in working towards that goal. A friend of mine has offered a ride in a dragster (7.90) that he is not running now, but I would have to cover the expenses and I don't want to be on the hook for it if she balls it up.

I have thought long and hard about where all this leads to...her dream is to do this on a professional level, but her mom and I want her to do college and she is working to that end...racing can come again later. With the college thing in mind, we will have to do much of the prep work during the season which will also make local points chasing a challenge this year. So I'm sold on the whole division racing thing, it makes a lot of sense for her, her future and allow for something new. Both she and I are excited at the potential and the possibilities...and who knows, maybe a wally or two...

As far as the Bristol thing, it's become a circus. Last year was our last time for jrs there. The sportsmanship has declined with constant staging wars and everybody trying to burn everyone else down on the line...not to mention the out of control kids...fights, drinking and such. We go to race, not to party. By the time the big race is on everyone is burned out.. not good...

71 440-6 4spd & 69 Hemi 4spd