OK
I would love to hear from the guys whom built one of these so...
Lets see yours, and things you might have done different if you started over
I can either have the engine Dyno'd or build a engine test stand. First Let me make comments on the dyno's. Yes, its nice to have done, really checking out diff things like cam, intakes etc. And getting the fuel curve down, playing with timing etc. I will say, IMO some of this I really enjoy doing, and sorting out at the track. I really enjoy, engine building and tuning, almost as much as racing...almost
Anyways here is some thoughts of my engine test stand.
First it would need to be somewhat portable, to move around even with the engine loaded. So, it would need to have some HD casters/wheels. I even debated on using larger riding lawn mower tires etc. Which I already have. But would rig, or fab up some kind of "Park" mechanism to keep it from bouncing, moving around, when testing my 800+Hp wedge/Hemi engines.
It would need to be sturdy of coarse, probably 2x3 box tubing through out using 1/4 plate, for corner gussets, and 3" X 1/4" angle where needed.
Anyways
I have thought about making it versatile when using, hemi, wedge engines etc. Even though the Indy Maxx block has Hemi mounts also. Maybe some 2x3 legs coming up, that have diff mounts pinned with tractor style locking pins, for quick and easy engine mount swaps.
But the big question is the starter/flywheel setup. I thought about using a old standard shift bell housing and flywheel. Sure would be nice to have some kind of universal motor plate, that fits both, big, and small block engines, while moving and holding the starter in the correct location. This could get expensive, so I probably just use the standard shift bell housing etc.
Anyways.
It would need to have all the gauges, oil pressure, water temp, fuel pressure etc.
I would like to have some kind of ac/dc converter for my electrical supply. This way I could just set the voltage at 13.5-14 volts and be done with it. From this I would make it to run all the accessories, electric water pump, electric fan for the radiator, electric fuel pump, and ignition system. Even use a cheap tach. Any idea, or is this out of reach?
Or if not use a typical alt design (maybe GM 1 wire) have it mounted on the test stand flipped around and somewhat adjustable in out, up and down this way it wont need to be mounted on the engine etc. With this I guess I could run my gauges, using a small battery. This would make it even more portable I guess.
I have about $350-400 to spend on materials. I have some 2x3 tubing, plenty of angle iron, and 1/4 flat plate.
I would need to be a cheap gauge panel, flywheel, and bell housing. I have most of the other stuff.

So OK
What are some things to look out for with frame work? Like off the ground height, or width, length. I will build plenty of room, and make sure various header will clear etc. I will paint it up, and even snake the wiring through the tubing to give it a pro built look.

[color:"red"]65 Hemi Belvedere coming soon [/color]
[color:"#00FF00"]557" Indy engine 1.07 60ft 144mph in the 8th 2100 lbs package [/color]