I try to remain silent and out of the BS on most group chats but adj clutches on the street are close to me heart and I cant understand some of the stuff I hear......

Guys claim that you cant chassis dyno a slipper clutch... incorrect. You are in high gear for a longer period of time on the track then any dyno pull.... so if it slips on the dyno, I guarantee it is going to drive through the clutch at the track! if you are concerned and don't want to risk anything, put a couple turns of base in...

I have driven my car around on the street for years with less then 400#'s of base and 12 grams on each finger..... worked perfectly.. car made 840rwhp and weighed 3765

If you are worried about driving through the clutch on the street, just gear down and keep the revs a bit higher or add a couple turns of base! using shims or re-setting your heights is key to making sure the clutch works how you want it!

Chris Hyatt is still doing clutch work and can service all you stuff, have been working with him since his dad passed and he has been awesome!
He is a perfectionist at his work and will treat you right!

Those rams clutch's work ok, but I'm not a fan that they cant go lower then 800#'s on the BBC set up... I had a friend run one and we ended up with less then 1 turn of base and it was still hitting the tire too hard, he took it out and put back in a soft lock.

Last edited by cuda499; 01/31/18 10:59 PM.