there is a U-shape gasket where the xfer bolts to trans adaptor with 7 bolts. most just use silly cone at this spot when the case is removed..I did with no leaks.

yes there is a trans tail shaft seal that keeps fluid in the trans and a housing/seal on the xfer wher the trans output shaft goes...so 2 seals and 1 gasket at the trans/xfer mating.

if you look at the back of the xfer, behind the front shaft, that round cover plate can have the lowest bolt removed to drain the last little bit of fluid from the xfer when changing fluid. it has a fill and drain but leaves about a pint of oil. seems I used to run a 80w90 gear oil in my full time 203.

there is a gasket there on cover plate and on the xfer differential housing along with the rear output shaft.

yes I sad xfer differential.. it lets the front and rear output shafts turn at different speeds, this is the hi&lo function. it will let the rear tires spin with out spinning the front tires or vise-versa. when in HI LOC and LO LOC it locks the front rear drive shafts together so both axle are locked together with the same input speed for more traction...this is why it will drive off a set of jackstands with 1 axle up in the air.

at one time mile marker had a adjusta chain kit and a part time kit for the 203.

I had both which save the case with a worn chain, just adjust the slack up with the front output cover off.

the part time kit went in the xfer differential hosing to replace the spider gear set in there to get a part time function.

I would recommend them kits if you find them. tuff and longevity and well worth the $$.

speedo cable adaptor can leak as it is on the xfer.

best bang for the buck is to buy a hand pail pump and buy gear oil by the 5 gal bucket.

you service the front axle, xfer, rear axle together. I did a lot of swamp water so changed every outing when they turn milky.

Larry FYI I have a LOC-Right locker that replaces the spider gears in the rear 9 1/4 axle for a locking rear axle. this is one of the best things for a 4x4 is a locker rear axle. installs with hand tools and no need to R&R the differential guts. it is in a 3.55 gear 9 1/4 now if you are interested in it.

one thing I had a problem with was my xfer shifter mounting bracket worked loose every so often. made it had to shift from hi/lo

yep you can drive it in HI loc or lo loc with 1 drive shaft front or rear.

I ran around with just the front a while and only had to watch the torque steer using only the front not bad but had to correct under power and off the power slightly.