Originally Posted By fast68plymouth
One thing to help put it all in perspective......

The "E" rockers didn't always exist........ And for years people installed the std rockers on their RPM heads, and the fitment of that scenario is slightly worse than with the TF heads.
I'm sure there are countless motors running around just like that.

If I were building a bracket race motor with the TF heads, and already had the std rockers...... I'd run them.

For a street motor........ I guess it would depend on how much I felt I was really going to drive it.

I'm sure Mike at B3 could whip up some inserts to move the rockers back away from the valves enough to where the std rockers could be used instead of buying new ones.

The Crane gold and the E rockers are very close in length, as well as the Mancini/Harland's.
The Comp Ultra-Pro rockers fit the TF heads okay as well.

Forgot the B3 deal, that could work. I have never used it, but your looking to move about .070", I m sure Mike could tell you if that works with his set up. Dont know the cost of those either.The Crane Gold to me, was always " closer", more like the old Probes for fitment. They were thrown on everything, whether they fit or not, and kept running. I have a guy with a set of ProComp heads, and he is running T&Ds that fit like absolute crap in my opinion, and he runs lash caps. Horrible fit, but you know what, never had a problem, and never wore out a guide etc. For me, I'd rather have the right pieces, but thats me, and certainly with an expensive set of rocker arms, you dont want to throw that away.

RIP Monte Smith

Your work is a reflection of yourself, autograph it with quality.

WD for Diamond Pistons,Sidewinder cylinder heads, Wiseco, K1 rods and cranks,BAM lifters, Morel lifters, Molnar Technologies, Harland Sharp, Pro Gear, Cometic, King Engine Bearings and many others.