Sweet truck Triggerfish. I really leaning towards a gas engine. I like the idea of a 383, dressed up like a stock engine. I do want to consider gas mileage though so nothing too radical. I think a small block will just look too small in the engine bay. Your 383 looks great.

A Dana axle is manufactured by Dana, not Chevy. That’s just the application that it was cursed with when it left the manufacturer and went to the Chevy plant.

Cummins repower would be cool, but the 2.8 is going for 9K, out of my budget for now.

Larrymopar, I think we are on the same page. I like the look as it sits, wheels and all. The tires are junk and need replaced (I’m surprised they hold air), and I don’t know about the wheels, they are some kind of split rim, maybe I can find some newer one piece steel wheels to replace them.

The paint looks nicer in the pictures than it really is, but I want to leave it as is and get it driving before I even worry about paint. Just need to replace the floor pans. I have a 73 Dart in the body/paint stage right now, and it is taking forever.

65 300.jpg