Originally Posted By StrokerPost
Originally Posted By buildanother
Idle air control motor, or whatever dodge called it, gotta make sure it's working. It's what handles the idle speeds for different loads etc.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner, the IAC valve was stuck in the closed position. I cleaned the old one and try to exercise it but it was very very stiff. Put it back in but still would not idle at lower rpm, so I remembered a friend of mine talking about the IAC and I knew that it served as sort of a controlled vacuum leak, thats why i looked there, and sure enough, it fired right off and idled very well. Interestingly it never showed any check engine lights or codes, until after I put the new valve in period I guess I will get it cleared and keep an eye on things. Thanks for all your input.

An update to this problem i was having. I thought the new IAC valve had fixed the problem, but it started acting up again a few days later. As someone mentioned above, it was the battery AND the IAC. Apparently the IAC has been bad for quite a while cuz now with the new batt it starts and idles like new again. Lol. Its actually pleasant to drive again, so smooth at all times. Thanks for the input guys. thumbs