It's flooding. Cranking the engine while the throttle is wide open is a fuel clearing procedure. All the EFI cars I know of are like this.

Now you need to find out why it's flooding. I would look at the wiring for the coolant temp sensor behind the thermostat housing. If the insulation is cracked and broken you have probably found your problem. The wires short together and the PCM sees -40*F. It thinks it is in a deep freeze and feeds the engine a lot of fuel.

After you repair that you will need to do a cap discharge. Remove the positive battery cable from the battery, touch the positive cable end to the ground terminal on the battery. Hold it for 30 seconds and then reconnect the cable. You will now need to clean the throttle body or it will not idle properly. The first fire after this will probably result in a start and stall. That's ok, it's programmed into the PCM to keep from dry firing a new engine at fast idle on the assembly line. Second start should be good and it will relearn from there.

You may also want to replace the thermostat as I have seen them stick partially open and cause a rich condition because the engine takes a lot longer to reach operating temperature.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.