Originally Posted By BradH
HRD - I don't think that's an apples-to-apples comparison. How's a 426 N/A Drag Pak with a 270+ at .050" cam pull at 2000 RPM under a load? And how would it behave if it was also retro-fitted with a carb and old-tech mechanical-advance ignition?

The original question was port size vs aplication, this is a very exagerated example of really big ports in both size and flow for the CID but still makes plenty of TQ in the aplication and velocity will be really low at lower RPM yet it works. If you heard of someone putting heavily ported W2s (similar flow to an eagle but smaller cross section) but on a stock 340 short block you would think they were crazy and going to kill there streetability but the Gen III engine seems to defy old school logic. All I am saying is you can not just say you need velocity more than flow, there is a lot more to it and some of the old hard fast theory no longer seems to hold up. Now we have a 485 hp SAE Net 392 with plenty of low end TQ.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!