I’ll only add this.....

Brads motor made the most HP of any std port motor I’ve tested.
It wasn’t the biggest, didn’t have the biggest cam, or the most compression.......but it did have the highest flowing heads.

Quote:
I’m confident that had I run the motor with my ported annular 850(which flows about 40cfm more than the HP950) it would have made 8-10 more HP........and picked up most of the lost 20cfm. Dry flow on the bench doesn't mean a whole lot but perhaps you are right-wish you would have tried it.

That’s exactly what happened when we did it with the stage 6 heads.

Quote:

If I can make 700hp from a far cheaper RPM casting then why would I expect the same power from a "better" cyl head?

You mean the $54 per head?

Quote:

If the flow doesn’t matter, and the c/d doesn’t make any difference........we might as well stop testing heads, since the numbers must not have any bearing on power output. Never said anything of the sort.

Well......IMO, you did indirectly.
Your position is that your 299cfm heads that flow 50cfm less than the ported Victors, that also have a lower c/d.......would make the same power on Brads short block.
That certainly seems like you’re saying to disregard the c/d and fairly substantial flow differential.

Maybe it’s my lack of knowledge of the platform for the low expectations of what I was looking for out of the Victor heads.........but they performed as I thought they would on Brads motor.

The best stock stroke RPM headed motor I’ve tested(which as it turns out had 300cfm intake ports) was an RB 451 with a tall filled block, Ross dome pistons(13:1cr), aluminum rods, ported Victor intake with a blended HVH SS 4500/4150 spacer/adapter, Pro Systems 1050 Dominator, 272@.050 flat tappet cam, .650 lift with 1.6 rockers, big box style pan.......and that motor made 652hp and about 570tq........and I was pretty happy with that too.

68 Satellite, 383 with stock 906’s, 3550lbs, 11.18@123
Dealer for Comp Cams/Indy Heads