Originally Posted By cudaman1969
Originally Posted By moparx
are the above statements saying neutral drops don't affect the sprag ? what fails internally when neutral drops are stupidly done ? or am i not understanding something in these statements ?
beer

Do a few, then try looking thru the broken parts to find out what broke first. It was a starting line practice back in the sixtys but the tires where tiny. NHRA banned it after too many clean ups. Then the billion dollar converter industry came about.

a few ? man, i remember this technique like it was yesterday ! then, there was the practice of us doing "J hooks", where one would go real fast in reverse, then drop into low. object was to see who could male the longest "J". biggrin funny we all have any feet left ! the local gas station made a fortune selling us used goodyear and firestone red line [and occasionally blue line/blue streak goodyears] G-70 tires for $5.00 ea [mounted and balanced - dating myself ? laugh2]. at least one pair of tires per weekend, not uncommon though, to go through one set per night ! we sure were "young & dumb" then. luck on our side helped a bunch too......
beer