Originally Posted By parksr5
This Winter is going to kill me. I just put new heads and intake on the car. I beat feet to get it done and go to the track before the end of the year but, the track closed early so; I’ll have to wait until Spring. I keep thinking about things and probably will all Winter until I can make it to the track (my sickness just keeps getting worse as I get older).

Anyway, with the swap, the motor wants more fuel and I got my off idle flat spot back. When I first got the motor down in the car years ago, I had to mess with the carb (850 Street HP) to get the off idle lean bog to go away. This bog was confirmed on a chassis dyno; the afr would spike to 17 or so and then come back down to where it should be. It ended up taking 40 pump squirters front and back and a 50cc diaphragm up front to cure the bog. Now, before I ran out of time, I ended up with 47’s both front and back and changed the back diaphragm to a 50cc and the flat spot was close to being gone but, not all the way.

Next spring, I want to mess with the cams as I know 50cc diaphragms should be used with the brown and yellow cams (maybe one other one too if I can remember right) which are not currently on the car right now.

My question is, does this sound like too much squirter to you? Is there some other adjustment I can mess with to get the squirter size down? I just feel like I’m missing something.

FYI, the timing is at 18 initial and 38 total (I’ll probably knock the total down to 36), my idle adjustment screws are at about ¾ of the way out (I set the screws using a vacuum gauge) and my transfer slot exposure is correct.

Mild 470 low deck with ported 906’s, an Edlebrock DP4b, comp xe hydraulic flat tappet (if I can remember right, its 230/236 at 50); nothing too wild.

I'm no carb expert by no means. I get by with trial and error, mostly the latter!!!!My friend has the same carb with the same problem. He has a small block stroker. I ended up with .036" IFR's with stock jetting, 35 squirters up front and 37 out back. 50 cc pump on the secondaries with brown cam. Timing was at 36, if I recall, mostly all out just off idle. Hope this points you in the right direction

4 speed street legal. Best time 10.99 @ 124 mph on 93 octane pump gas @ 3926# total weight