Originally Posted By 340Cuda
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I never thought I would see the day when guys would say that 15000.00 base price was a good price for a cast iron 700 horsepower engine. damn and that’s just to have it sit in your shop. How much more to have it up and running.

Will all respect, how much would you charge for a 700 HP Mopar small block or GIII that you would guarantee for three years gets fairly decent fuel mileage and could be driven coast to coast with no expected problems?

$15,000 is a lot of money and it is hard to spend it all at once, but I don't think its that bad of a deal, especially if a person values their time.

Bill

See the driving coast to coast and gas mileage doesn’t affect me and never did. I grew out of needing high horsepower cars on the street. I have 7500 dollars in my R3 small block and it’s gone 9.40’s for the last three years so that’s where my interest lies. On the track. My “street hoopie” days are over thank God. For those that can’t or won’t learn to work on it heir own stuff it’s an option. An expensive option by time You get it up and running but an option. If I was younger I would build an aluminum block one because they are impressive but then again anything with a power added should be

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time