Originally Posted By Hemi_Joel
Jeff, its' true! Drag Week definitely expands your circle of friends. And it sucks you in and hooks you. But Jeff has had it easy lapping Drag Week in my parade car. wink Next year Jeff, I am going to work your butt off on Drag Week! stirthepot

My first Drag Week was as trunk monkey for Jay Brown, and it was a trial by fire. By the end of sunday test day, we had fragged a blower and roasted the transmission. Then blew a trans cooler that oiled the brakes, broke a shock mount, broke a header, dealt with leaking slicks, jammed the oil pump and broke off the oil pump drive shaft plus a bunch of little challenges. We fixed all that thoughout the week, and somehow managed to make it to the next track every day, and finish second in class. Sleep was a rare occurence.

Like a woman who has been thru childbirth, when it was over I said " I can't wait for next time!"

click here for Joel and Jays 2007 Drag Week adventure

You and Billy's stories are one of the reasons I decided to do Drag Week. I have now completed 5. I am not sure if I owe you guys a thanks or if you guys owe me an apology lol.

68 Barracuda Formula S 340