Over the last several years, HEMI Joel was bugging me to go with him on Drag Week. I turned down the chance until 2015, when Joel said he would at least bring a cool back up car, his '67 HEMI GTX convertible. I couldn't pass up that chance, and we had a blast, and I told Joel, I would go to Drag Week, as a Trunk Monkey, as long as he was going. It's addicting!

Fast forward to 2016, and Joel, and I arrived in Columbus again with his backup car... But this year I knew what to expect, and wasn't quite in awe as my rookie year, BUT you can then see it on the faces of new participants. Mopar Billy tells the best description of he possibly can of how and what Drag Week feels like, but until you are actually there, and part of it, it CAN'T be described. It's a drug.

On Monday, while waiting for Joel, Jay Brown, and our friend Kevin to run, everyone was getting hungry, so I wondered off to the concession stand to get our crew some food. While in line I met up with Paul, and Joe Castiglione out of New York. Paul was racing his Bright Yellow Challenger, and Joe was following the route with his custom Peterbilt. These guys had grins ear to ear, and were having a ball. Over the week, we met up a few times, and the brothers were always smiling, joking, and had a great time. We keep in touch on Facebook, and it's always cool seeing how close their family is, and the passion they have for Hot Rods, and trucks.

Fast forward to about a month ago, and Kevin, aka: thatdarncat, posted on my Facebook page a local 69 Road Runner for sale, that had been a bracket car for about the last 30 years. The guy that once owned the car was a local legend, and EVERYONE that met Barry, liked him. Unfortunately he passed from cancer about a year ago, and the family sold it another racer, Tom. I think owning a car that was so well known by everyone local, it's hard to have it feel like it is YOUR car, so Tom decided to put the Runner up for sale. When Kevin posted the car for sale, Joe instantly fell in love with the car, and asked if I could get more info on the car, and contact info. I got him everything he needed, and Joe, and Tom made a deal. It would be 3 weeks before the two could meet, up and finalize the deal. Well today Joe made the 1294 mile one way trip to Hudson Wisconsin, and loaded the car up!

At the drivers meeting at Drag Week, David Frieburger lets everyone know, if you are a introvert, you better come out of your shell, because you never know who on Drag Week will change your life... His statement is very true.

I can't wait to see what Joe does with this car to make it his own, and he has talked about making it street legal again, and joining his brother on Drag Week! The car couldn't have gone to a nicer guy.

Mack1.jpgmack2.jpgMack6.jpg

69 GTX 68 Road Runner