I am in the same boat as Ron, I love this hobby but don't have much play money and I can't afford a truck and trailer right now and don't have the ability to try new parts out so I built my car with budget in mind and I built it with a torquey motor to pull the 3.23 gears.

My factory stock leaf springs were starting to sag so I had a local leaf spring shop add one leaf to each spring which strengthened the front segment and made the car sit higher so I added one inch lowering blocks. I run Rancho shocks on the rear that were given to me with the adjustment knob on them. I have them set 3 clicks from full soft and may need to go a couple more clicks. Front suspension is bone stock. No snubber.

Yesterday I drove the car 50 minutes to the track, clicked off a 10.69 at 124.65 and drove it home. At the track I do switch rear tires from regular street radials to M/T 275/60 drag radial Pro's.
Tire technology has come a long way and these tires are phenominal.
There were big tire back-halved cars with lexan windows yesterday dialed a couple tenths slower than me and they were blowing the tires off. My 60 is only 1.51 but it hooks and books.

FullSizeR.jpg

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual