Originally Posted By Transman
Correct me if I am wrong but the only Edelbrock hemi head needing special piston notching is the latest edelbrock head with the big intake - the exhaust has a different guide angle requiring the special notch. The earlier edelbrock head sold through Mopar Performance ( with conventional valve train oiling ) does NOT need the special exhaust notch.

Just because the valve angle is different doesn't mean that you need different pistons, or that it's going to cause you problems, etc. This isn't the 60's. Back then people would shave the heads and deck the block to get more compression. This would give you more compression but would decrease the piston to valve clearance. Most engines that people put together now are strokers. With a stroker you can get all the compression you want. Strokers take a lot less dome on the piston. Your street/strip application will probably be for pump gas and not have much dome. My guess is if you check your valve to piston clearance you will find you have a mile.

When using Victor Jr's you do have to check the intake valve to bore clearance if you are using a small bore.

2011 Drag Pak Challenger