Originally Posted By DaytonaTurbo
Originally Posted By larrymopar360
I still say you don't know how low you can get the used one for, and just think that the new one is close to as low as the used one because you are comparing to ASKING price of the used, and NOT what you would get it for after negotiating, which would be MUCH less. (wow, run-on sentence lol).

Maybe these guys are just lazy and looking at used stuff at the dealer that's stickered high to push guys to the new stuff. A while later the used stuff gets shipped off to a used car lot quietly associated with the dealer and sold for a more reasonable price. Even better yet if you look around for one for sale privately. I couldn't imagine a financial decision worse than buying a new truck from a dealer. But I guess someone has to take all that loss so car companies can stay in business and reasonably priced used stuff is out there for the rest of us.

Maybe you are paying too much for used stuff and you could be getting a better deal on a new truck. Yesterday I looked at all similar trucks sold on ebay and all similar trucks for sale on cars.com within 500 miles of me.

At first I was seeing what looked to be really good deals on ebay until I looked at what was being sold. They were salvage titled, prior damage, lemon law/manufacturer buybacks plus one with a title issue. After eliminating all of those the prices were within a few thousand of what I paid a year ago for a new truck. Out of these, they were either more miles than I have now or had fewer options. There were 2 Canadian trucks being sold in Michigan that were a couple/few thousand less. Canadian trucks are about the same price new(number, not equivalent amount)as US trucks but the exchange rate makes them more of a bargain when imported into the US.

The only other place I can think of that you might get a really good deal would be an auction.

None of the bargains were in my area either so you would have to figure transportation costs into that as well. I kept my last truck for 15 years and will keep this one as long if there are no major issues with it.

1970 Dodge d100/eventually going on a 77 D100 frame