I want to thank everyone for all the info. I think at this point I will save this manifold for the car in the photo below and start searching for some carbs to go with it. I have never spent any $$ on building a 273, so I may as well rebuild a real 273 car and use this manifold and make a little sleeper out of it. It will be cool to build a 273 car.

I will search for a 360 for the 38 Plymouth. I actually have a late mod 360 sitting in the weather that came out of my daughters truck a few years back. I am sure it is junk now, but I see 360s in craigslist a lot and pretty cheap.

I dont need a maxed out stroker, but a little UMPH would be nice and it needs a nice sound. How are the 360 crate motors? And if I look for a 360, whats a good year to try and find. I see mid 80s vans all the time with running engines and trans for the $300-500 range. I may get lucky and find something that I can throw in.

Also, I see a lot of people using the 518 trans??? is that an over drive trans of some sort as some lower gears and a 4 speed auto console shift of some kind would be cool or a 5 speed mopar trans, what options are out there.

And last, is there alink to both a good 360 build and a 273 build???? I am no mechanic and certainly no engine builder, but I need to learn. I honestly prefer body and paint work and custom metal work.

here are a couple of pics of my 273 67 dart. I also have a 67 POST Dart that has a new 340-6 motor. I have recently decided to take off the 6 pack and use it down the road on something else as I am going to drive this dart a lot.

Thanks again Dave

5048939-DSC00394.jpg (32 downloads)