Quote:

O [

Put a 4" stroker in it (optional). Port the 302 heads by yourself. Either plug the holes in the head and drill to your intake's angle or angle-slot the intake holes. You are enough of an artist to not ruin the intake by changing the angle of the holes. No need to "wallow them out" they just need an angle shift. Then regrind the hydraulic roller cam and run two 400-500 carbs. It'll look cool, run real strong up to the cfm limit of the heads, and you'll be the owner of something different. 318 - 391 cubic inches will be big enough to get you into orbit in your '38.

A 318 is exactly the same everything except the bores let the heads breathe better and the extra 45 cubic inches will make a lot of extra power.

Good Luck,
R.

I actually purchased a complete set up minus the air cleaners for one of my projects from moparts or ebay (I forget, I'm not a smart man just really big) and I want to do the same stroker short block and make it a vintage Nascar-ish look. Two little 500 Eddys or Carters seem to work perfect on this intake, I just followed the baseline that Edelbrock uses for the SBF and SBC dualquad kits. I think Edelbrock has a different part number for their dual carbs...

Hope it helps, and forget about the "save the whales" folks here, use the part the way you want!

Big Anthony ANTHONYinIRAQ@gmail.com
1984 B150 Ram Wagon
1978 D100 ClubCab