The tunnel ram and the 9:1 compression doesn't really matter, but what does matter is that the compression is a little low for that cam IMO. That doesn't mean it won't work, but you've got low compression for the mentioned cam in a heavy car. The low compression with that cam WILL make it trickier to tune and more sluggish on response. The tunnel ram will exacerbate the needs for tuning response (i.e. you will need big squirters and alot of initial timing). That said, you will hear people say "tunnel rams don't make low end torque." This isn't really true, IMO they can and will make more torque everywhere when tuned correctly. BUT the plenums are typically very large, making them harder to tune and very easy to become sluggish and unresponsive when not tuned correctly.

It depends on the gears you have, but that 2800 converter probably isn't enough. I'm assuming (never a good thing) it is a cheaper, off the shelf type unit. How big is it? I would go closer to 3500+ stall, and run 4.10s if I wanted to make that combo work.

All that said, if you have the tunnel ram already I would 100% try it.

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street